Sunday, March 13, 2011

Grammar Songs



As the "Queen of Random" I will probably be posting random things that just "pop" into my head (again a side-effect of my undiagnosed ADD :). This year I've created some grammar songs to go along with the grammar skills presented in our Reading Street Series. I've compiled them by units but anyone can use them by just looking through them and pulling out the particular songs you need when you need them. I have three units of songs with 6 songs in each and will be working on one for unit 5. I only have one song for unit 4 because that unit was pretty much just about adjectives and I compiled all the information into one song (feeling a little lazy that unit :). My kids love the songs because I've tried to make them fun and easy for them (and me) to sing.




5 comments:

  1. your blog is precious!! and thank you for the link to my blog! I am also a first grade teacher.. from Mississippi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great! As I looked thru all of them, of course I had to sing them- fun! I've found that kids have an easier time really learning a concept if they can sing a little ditty about it. Can't wait to use these! Thank you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these! I can't wait to use them next year. I love using songs!!

    Little Priorities

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the first three units but am having problems viewing the adjectives! I'd love to see it though becuase we will be doing adjectives next in my classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the first three units but am having problems viewing the adjectives! I'd love to see it though becuase we will be doing adjectives next in my classroom!

    ReplyDelete