Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Polka Dot Sign



I admit it...I am obsessed with polka dots.  They are just so cute and fun and make me feel happy.  Whenever I see something with polka dots that I could use in my classroom, I MUST get it and if I can't buy it, then I attempt to make it.  I made this sign for my classroom door after being inspired by some cute signs I saw on eBay.  I'm not the best artist but it was fun to make and looks pretty cute if I do say so myself...and it was much cheaper than what I saw on eBay.  I just got a canvas mat from Hobby Lobby (around $4) and some acrylic paint and paint pens I already had at home.  I used a staple gun to staple some ribbon to the back and then hung it on my door.  I enjoyed the project so much that I made similar signs for Fall and Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Can you share with me where you go your western theme banner? I'm looking for something like that for a retirement party for our principal. Thank you

    ReplyDelete